Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Making Time For Yourself




School has been in session for a month now. The teachers have all been running around like crazy trying to get all of our beginning of the year testing, assessments, and assignments completed. We have attended so many trainings, meetings, and workshops that you would think it's January not the beginning of September.

I'm saying this because I wanted to make sure to remind everyone to take a time out, relax, and make a little time for yourself, your family, and your friends. I realized how much I needed to do this after spending my entire weekend working on lesson plans, creating my school's website, working on a data presentation for the county, and doing a little research online.

I only get every other weekend with my husband; he's a police officer so he works crazy shifts! This past weekend was one of my few weekends that I should have been spending time with him and family but instead I wasted spent the whole weekend working on school projects, data, etc. Sunday night it hit me... I only spent about 3 hours with my husband that didn't include school work! =( That's just crazy!

I know we are all busy. I know we all want to get EVERYTHING done. I know we are all running around thinking "there's not enough time in the day!" And you're right, the beginning of the year is probably one of the craziest times of year for a teacher. But you have to remember that you have a life outside of your classroom and your school. You have people who depend on you, who want to spend time with you, and will never say a word because they know that you strive to be the best teacher you can be.

Thank you for everything you do! Thank you for taking your personal time and working so hard that you only get 4 hours of sleep a night! Thank you for being the amazing educator that you are! Take care of yourself and keep yourself and your family healthy (mentally and physically) so that you can continue to be the very best for you, your family, your friends, your students, and your co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment