Monday, April 22, 2013

April Currently

First off, today was a lovely day! The weather was beautiful, the students were very well behaved, and CRCTs are finally over! WOOHOO!!!!! 

I know I'm a little late, but I really wanted to do one of these cute Currently link ups. Thank you to The Bender Bunch for the simple tutorial on linking up with Farley's Currently at Oh'Boy Fourth Grade
Listening to the birds chirping up a storm outside and the rush hour traffic driving past my house. We live a good 150 yards off of the "main" road (it's a little 2 lane road) but at this time of day all you hear are cars driving past, horns, honking, and breaks squealing. 

Loving that we only have 23 more days of school! Really, we only have 22.5 days since our last Thursday is our one and only early release day of the year =D. I still can't believe how fast my first year of teaching has gone by. 

Thinking about ways to help motivate my students for the remainder of the school year. With us finishing up our state testing, CRCT, today the I'm afraid that the students will think that the school year is over and not be 100% for the last 22.5 days. 

Wanting a nap! I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, work up at 5 am, left for work at 6am (I drive 40 miles) and then has CRCTS and Admin. meetings all day. A nap would be really useful right about now. 

Needing to mail out my wedding invitations. I'm getting married in 3 months (July 21) and just finished up the invitations and need to go buy stamps to mail them out. We have quest from way out of town who need to get their flights arranged. Opps! I also need to get to work on the new project that I'm going to start implementing in my classroom starting tomorrow. We are going to start a Reading Race where I have the kids racing to see who can read the most books, and pass AR tests, by the end of the school year. 

Advice to you and everyone smile! It really truly can change your whole day. Even if you are having a horrible day just smile and see how fast your mood turns around. And for all you know, your smile might have changed someone else's day too. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday! Stay tuned for more updates coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment