Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Vacation and New TPT Products!

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day and are able to enjoy this beautiful weather. It's a perfect day here in Georgia with the temperature in the mid 80's and not a single cloud in the sky. Today is also my first official first day of Summer Break!!!!!

It's hard to believe that I have finished up my first year of teaching. There were days that I thought it would never end and then there were days that I wished it would never end. It was a long, exciting, exhausting, experience. I feel like I've grown so much as a teacher and I truly believe that I can face anything (educationally) now. I am excited that I will be able to keep my position as the Title I Reading and Math teacher for the 2013-2014 school year. To make sure that I'm well prepared I've already started updating my TPT store and creating new products that I will be able to use next year in my own classroom.

I spent the day downloading and looking through the Moore Relief Bundle that I downloaded from Teachers Notebook and creating 5 new sight word games ranging from pre-primer to 3rd grade. I've decided to call them Sight Word SPLAT! These will be perfect for my low lever readers but they would also be perfect to use as extension activities for your higher level readers. If you would like to check them out they are posted at my TPT store: Shanon's School Supplies

Click on the image to go to my Store. 



It's very simple to play this game. After deciding who goes first, the players take turns picking a sight word card and reading the word that's on it. If the player reads the word correctly they get to roll a die and move ahead. If they read it incorrectly their turn ends and the next player has a chance to go. If a player lands of the dreaded "SPLAT!" space they must move their game piece back to "Start." To make it a little more challenging fun, if a player rolls a 3, on the die, they must pick up the top three cards and read all three words. If they can read all the words correctly they get to roll the die again and advance their game piece accordingly. But watch out! You could still land on SPLAT! and be right back at the beginning! 

As always, I hope you can find this product useful! If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please feel free to ask. 

Now it's time to relax, watch a movie, and do a little wedding planning! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment